Re: (failed) packages

    MV> Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net> writes:
    >> Any package that says "failed" needs someone to look at it.
    >> There are a number of packages that should only be compiled
    >> under linux.  There are packages that have bad debian scripts.
    >> Every one fixed gets us closer to 80%.

    MV> Where is this list found?

    http://people.debian.org/~jbailey/oasis/group/Debian/index.html

    I took a look at this list and it seems to me that about 80% of
    the "fail"s are the MAXPATHLEN, MAX_PATH, MAXHOSTNAMELEN and
    sys_errlist problems.  These have been mentioned before here.

    It may be a good idea to post a "before" and "after" example of
    how to fix these problems in the Approved Fashion.  It may also be
    of use for pointing package maintainers at.

    Then there are others that depend on pthreads (pthread.h) but
    neglect to mention it...

    (It is not clear to me what turtle is doing: my guess is that
    there is a list of software somewhere, turtle uses this
    auto-download a package and then tried to build it.  If the build
    is successful it installs it and uploads it somemwhere and magic
    happens so that it gets to where we can download it.  Whether or
    not the package built successfully the build gets logged and
    deleted and another package is selected.  (Is this at all
    accurate?) It is not clear to me how this all gets turned into a
    log file and whether Jeff's machine is at it 24hr a day building
    and uploading stuff...)

        Paul.

--
Paul.Emsley@chem.gla.ac.uk