Re: remote X applications

On Friday 29 June 2001 02:16, Paul Emsley wrote:

>         Actually, it was very easy, I changed __linux__ to __GNU__ in
>       mcookie.c and typed make.  Tada!  (I think also that prngd
>       should be used as one of the RNG, but I didn't include it).
>
>         We also get col, cal, look, ddate, logger, chkdupexe, kill,
>       renice, arch etc.  I was surprised by how much so-called "linux"
>       stuff got built.
>
>         Paul.

If stuff is that portable, shouldn't it be moved out of util-linux and put
with the general GNU utils??? My impression from the previous posts is that
util-linux is for Linux-specific utils that are not portable to other
arches???

Glenn Alexander - The man with no surname and a silly hat.
(B.Teach, B.Ed Major IT Education, University of Wollongong Australia)
(Now avaliable in China!)

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~glenalec

I use GNU/LINUX: http://www.linux.org
from Debian: http://www.debian.org