Re: FAT and Stores

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 12:49:19PM -0400, Thomas A Langan wrote:

> I am working on Marcus' fatfs-0.1.

That's a good thing to hear.  I have uploaded my unreleased development tree
to http://people.debian.org/~brinkmd/fatfs-0.2beyond.tar.gz

Except for one dead-lock, it has support to extend and truncate files.  The
code to manipulate directories (add new entries, remove entries, etc) are
missing.  The dead lock is caused by some function being called once with
the diretory which contains the affected node is locked and once without.
We need to lock the directory, and in the first case we will dead-lock.  I
think some libdiskfs change was required, but my recollections are vague.

I can let you know where you can get official standard documents describing
fatfs (I have links), if you need that.  I have also some older development
trees if you want some history.

Definitely go from 0.2beyond for read-write support, as the foundations are
there (virtual inodes, file expansion/truncation).

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de