Re: FAT and Stores

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 01:10:07AM -0400, Roland McGrath wrote:
> A ha!  It's Marcus's fault.  The new DEV_GET_RECORDS device_get_status op
> he added does not set DEV_GET_RECORDS_RECORD_SIZE the same way as the old
> DEV_GET_SIZE op set DEV_GET_SIZE_RECORD_SIZE.  For dull reasons, this only
> came up with the floppy driver probably.  I've checked in a fix to gnumach.

I take the blame.  I thought we are safe to use other block sizes.  With
"a lot of user level code" in the comment I was not actually thinking that
we are affected, and I only checked some stuff in libstore if it would
accept oteher block sizes.

Should not have sneaked in such a change together with the other change.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de