Re: Where to get HURD .debs?

On Thursday 14 June 2001 03:05, Tony Middleton wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 June 2001 07:50, Glenn Alexander wrote:
> > Where do I go to get HURD deb packages. I'm on a PPP line so apt-get from
> > HURD is not an option nor is a CD ISO. I can't find anything that looks
> > remotely useful on Debian ftp. Am I looking in the wrong places?
> >
> I use a machine which is dual boot linux & hurd.  The instructions at
> /usr/share/doc/apt/offline.html show how you can use apt to download hurd
> packages from the normal mirrors while using ppp under linux.
>
> Regards, Tony Middleton.

Thanx. All the helps I was finding were from pre-pool times.

I did manage to use the Apt man pages to work out how to trick apt into
updating the HURD partition (I used the -d option (don't install) as I am not
quite sure enough about what is going on to trust my hacked cross-upgrade
with my work partition - I'll check the mentioned docs RSN). I dpkg went fine
from HURD and I am now up to date and getting ready to try installing X11
(maybe on Sunday when access rates are cheaper).

I'm mucking about with Celestia under Linux today for my home-brew space-ship
simulator made from scrap steel. Maybe I can comiple it for HURD in a few
weeks, libs willing. We'll see.

Bye,
Glenn

Glenn Alexander - The man with no surname and a silly hat.
(B.Teach, B.Ed Major IT Education, University of Wollongong Australia)
(Now avaliable in China!)

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~glenalec

I use GNU/LINUX: http://www.linux.org
from Debian: http://www.debian.org