Re: unowned processes and who controls them (was: Re: passwd entry for uid -1

Quoth Robert Bihlmeyer:

> I claim ignorance in how bind works. But I don't see a problem with it
> opening zone cache files r/w, and keeping them open until termination.
>
> Opening is done while still owning privileges (maybe root), so on the
> next start it is still possible to r/w.

Making bind do this should be trivial, yes.  I believe, though, that you
have the possibility in bind to add more zones without actually
_restarting_ the whole program (you just reload the config).  If so,
this would be broken in the setup you propose, but then again, this
should be a minor problem.

(I don't guarantee that bind can add zones without restarting, but we
can say it can for arguments sake  :)

Oystein
--
When in doubt: Recompile.