Re: interesting ORBit behavior

> Hrm, ldd says 'not a dynamic executable'. Not sure why that is.

Well, let's try to figure that out.  ldd is a shell script that
uses ld.so to do the real work.  Try these commands:
	/lib/ld.so.1
	/lib/ld.so.1 --list ./test-random
	/lib/ld.so.1 --verify ./test-random
	LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1 /lib/ld.so.1 ./test-random

If any of those fail, please show us the details (and try using gdb).
If those all work consistently, then try running "sh -x /bin/ldd test-random"
and see what it is doing that goes wrong.

> Ah, I mean the CORBA call Random_lrand48() returns a 0 instead of a
> random number like it does when it executes correctly from the command
> line and when it executes under gdb.

Can you examine the rpctrace output and see where the results start to look
wrong?