Re: Hurd as router/NAT

tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:

> The kernel already has a netfilter capacity in Mach.

Could one use that to port something like KLIPS2 (the next version of
the kernel parts of freeswan), which will use the linux-2.4
netfilter-architecture to get into the packet processing at the right
places?

> > Or is it totally out of the question (for performance reasons) to have
> > each packet pass through a few rpc calls?
>
> Out of the question if it's the normal mode of operation.

I see. With something like linux' netfilter, I think the pfinet
process would check if packet matches the rules for each netfilter
hook, and pass the packet on via rpc if it matches a rule.

Thanks for the help,
/Niels