Re: Yaay! I compiled oskit-mach, except it doesn't work :-(

> ... skipping GRUB stuff

Please do include the records of modules in loaded, since that can always
be part of the problem problem.

> Welcome to GNUmach 1.2.91-OSKit!
> user trap, type 2, code = 14295c
> Dump of trap-state at 0x0d6d7e80:
> EAX 0000000e EBX 0000001 ECX 0dadc000 EDX 0dadc000
> ESI 20584145 EDI 0d6d7eb4 EBP 30303030 ESP 00303030
> EIP 3733 EFLAGS 30332050
> CS 3733 SS 3033 DS fff8 ES 0000 FS 7f6c GS 025a
> trapno 540028976, error 37205346, from user mode
> trap
> Backtrace: fp = d6d7f68
>  001fffba 0013ac4c 0013d23c 0012c4c5 3431203dthread_dispatch
> Backtrace: fp = d6d9f48
>  001fffba 001174d4 0011733f
> _exit(1) called; rebooting...
> Press a key to reboot

Please translate these addresses into source locations in your kernel
build.  The oskit's sym-trace script is handy for this.

> Ok lets see, here is some hardware info:

None of this is immediately relevant to problems oskit-mach if you can boot
other oskit kernels that use your devices.  You've tried that, right?

> Could it be that OSKit-mach is trying to go SMP and is failing? I didn't
> do anything special when compiling OSKit or OSKit-mach.

You have to use --enable-cpus=2 (or a higher number) to compile in any SMP
support.  You would have noticed because there are #warning messages in the
oskit-mach code when compiled for SMP (because the support isn't finished).
So that is not your problem here.

> I didn't give any --enable-console or any such thing.

I don't know what you expect --enable-console to do.  There has never been
such a switch for either gnumach or oskit-mach.

> How do I do that? I have a VT220 dumb terminal on COM2 at 38400 baud.
> What do I need to do to enable it?
>
> I'm rather mystified about how exactly OSKit-mach boots. Does it
> just automagically try and detect all hardware at boot-time, or are there
> some boot switches that need used? Is there any documentation about
> such as this in the source?

These questions are generic to any oskit kernel, and oskit-mach is normal
in these regards.  Please look at the oskit documentation and get
comfortable with the oskit example kernels before trying to build oskit-mach.