Re: Status pages?

> > However, this will be a commitment of time to keep it going, and I'd
> > rather not do it if it won't get used.
>
> Personally, I don't find it necessary. I'm perfectly fine with the
> Turtle pages. Here's my how-to for people looking for small
> maintainance hacking (open to enhancements):

Thanks for the how-to. That's good. I'll start doing the things it
mentions.

Question: Is the information on the hurd-devel-debian page still
accurate in terms of how to go about working on these packages?

	http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-devel-debian

I still think a page of "most wanted" items could be useful. It can help
people newer to the project find simpler things to work on initially.
Anything that can be done to attract more people to development efforts
is worthwhile, in my opinion.

Additionally, I've seen some things mentioned that fall outside of the
realm of package building. I think I saw Marcus mention the desire for
someone to attach meaningful messages to the output of rpctrace and for
someone to get pthreads working well. Maybe these things fall outside of
debian-hurd and more into just hurd, but being new to the project, I'm
still trying to understand these differences. A "most wanted" page could
only make this easier.

Also, how would this be different from the hurd-devel-tasks page? Maybe
it would be more focused and immediate? Or perhaps it will be package
oriented instead?

	http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-devel-tasks

-- Ian

Ian Duggan                    ian@ianduggan.net