Re: Hurd cross-compiler confusion (What have I gotten myself into??)

 BDH> I've found the GNU Hurd Hacker's Kit on alpha.gnu.org, and it
 BDH> looks promising, but I must admit I am very confused about what
 BDH> I'm doing here.

Understandably.  First, you don't need the ghhk... it's been replaced
by the Debian package called `i386-gnu-gcc', and is only an apt-get
away.

 BDH> I know I won't be able to boot Hurd until I rebuild gnumach for
 BDH> my Tekram card. I have grabbed the latest cvs base system
 BDH> tarball and unpacked it in /gnu.

More to the point, you don't need a cross-compiler to build gnumach.
Just use your regular gcc toolchain from GNU/Linux i386.

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://fig.org/)
Committed to freedom and diversity \// Try Emacs (http://fig.org/gnu/emacs/)