Re: Old message about ftpfs that works :)

On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 09:07:09PM +0100, Oystein Viggen wrote:
> I remember some talk when wu-2.6.0 or something was released about the
> fact that it's implementation of ftp had some quirks that made it
> incompatible with some clients.  I believe that /hurd/ftpfs might just
> be one of those clients.  Has anybody else had success running ftpfs
> against wu-ftpd >= 2.0.6?

The ftp client in ftpfs might require some strict standard conformation, or
have some bugs. You can run the translator in debug mode (see the --help
output) and check the transmission log. You can send us a patch if you
fixed a specific problem, or just document incompatibilities.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de