Re: dpkg-shlibdeps and /usr/lib, other dpkg stuff

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 07:51:42PM +0100, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:
>
> > I will hack together a dpkg-shlibdeps for us to use in the meanwhile. We
> > just have to remember to use that instead the dpkg-dev version. Mmmh. I
> > think a diversion could work. I think a package is overkill. Is it possible
> > to specify diversions without making a proper package containing them?
>
> Where would you put the correct dpkg-shlibdeps, if not in a package??
> I think bundling it in the hurd package, and doing "dpkg-divert --add
> --package hurd --rename --divert /usr/bin/dpkg-shlibdeps.broken
> /usr/bin/dpkg-shlibdeps" would be fine.

I would just have posted it on the list and let people type in the
command above, or a similar one. Bundling it with the hurd is a neat
idea though. I just don't want to make it the catch all bucket for Debian
deficiency work-arounds :)

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de