Re: porting to Hurd

From: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Subject: Re: porting to Hurd
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 01:56:14 +0100

> On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 01:39:57AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > It might be more useful if someone gets X4 to run on hurd.
>
> It might be useful if Branden would incorporate my patches next time
> (should be next week). I had working and complete patches for X 3.3.6
> and X 4.0 packages submitted to him november last year, and in fact,
> I made my packages available on alpha.gnu.org (X3) [1] and
> master.debian.org (X4). They still can be found there.

Well, I don't know anything what happened but I can say

- it might be best if X 4.0 works in Hurd

- if not, then we need xfonts-cjk under X 3.3.6 because it provides
very basic fonts for Japanese (and perhaps for Chinese/Korean).

Best Regards,			2001.2.28

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.