Re: fd0 crash fixed in CVS

Hi!

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 07:44:41PM +0200, Rene Rebe wrote:
>
> The minor shift frobbing by Yoshinori.
>
> > I tryed to boot the Hurd system delivered on the FreeX 4'00 CD. It
> > stops after printing. "fd0: is a post-1991 ...." (or something like
> > this). I don't have any floppy-drive in my box (who need such old
> > stuff ;-)??)
>
> That's unrelated. I think nobody else tried to boot without a floppy, so
> maybe you hit a new bug, or there is some other problem (scsi, network
> cards).

It's a Athlon 600 on a ASUS K7M board, 128MB RAM, 3c905B NIC, Trident
4DWave sound card and a Matrox G400DH... (only one hard disc, no other
media).

Is it easyer to crosscompile from Linux or to use an old 486 (or
somehing where I can run Hurd) to compile a new kernel without unneeded
drivers?

> Marcus

k33p h4ck1n6 René

--
René Rebe (Registered Linux user: #127875)
http://www.rene.rebe.myokay.net/

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged
$25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from
this message or its header, you agree to these terms.