fileutils: --disable-largefile really needed for hurd?

hi.

Im doing my first steps to modify the kernel-independent
packages of debian in a way to build them for installs in eg in
/debian on a solaris system. (Or rather fiddling around trying
to find the best way to do this.) I use fileutils as my guinea
pig, representing a typical autoconf/debhelper package.

Now in it's rules file I saw this:

--------
ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM), linux)
        configure-flags =
else
        configure-flags = --disable-largefile
endif
--------

So why can't autoconf figure out itself that there is no
largefile support on the hurd? (Or is there?) Shouldn't this
rather be:

ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM), hurd)

?

PS: I would try myself what autoconf detects on the hurd, but I
still had no time to fix up my hurd install, so gcc, apt-get,
autoconf, dpkg and so on keep behaving silly (and segfaulting if
they got tired before the system ran out of memory).

PPS: Yes, I'll file a bug as soon as I know it _is_ a bug ...

ciao, 2ri
--
Hardware, n.:
        The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.