Re: GNU/Hurd on vmware

Hi all interested in running hurd under vmware

I have got a vmware disk from Eric Hanchrow, and after some
playing with it I have put it (with slightly more packages installed)
at ftp://susy.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk/hurd

You should just download disks, modify hurd.cfg to correct
paths to disk files and run...
default root password is root,there are some users you
should probably remove, and a bogus IP address :-)
It is probably better to change network to host-only, if
you are not on ethernet or cannot get another IP

Make sure you use undoable disks, i had already a few severe
filesystem corruptions...

You can get vmware from www.vmware.com, together with
30-days evaluation license