Re: GNU/Hurd on vmware

Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>         The wonderful post wasn't mine.  It was by Eric Hanchrow
> <offby1@blarg.net>.  I just dug it up. :)

s/post/link  Is it ok now? :-)

>         Why not install potato base, make a big hurd partition and
> then install hurd.  A potato base install will not take more than 40M.
> It may even take less.  BTW if you cannot install *any* software on
> your office machine how are you going to install vmware, create disk
> space for the OS under vmware and then install various OS's there?

The space is not an issue. I have lots of free space. Their(PC support people)
argument is that, no one should mess up the installation, by installing
software themselves(They think we, users, are idiots). If I install potato, and
install a boot manager etc etc, and if they came to know about that, then they
will promptly remove it. So I thought, best way to hide the installation, is to
run it through vmware.

Let me formally ask for permission, and go through the straightforward way, so
that I can get Potato working.

--
Ramakrishnan.M
"If it isn't source, it isn't software."