new apt

Hi,

I changed the setup of alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian, following a suggestion
by Neal H Walfield.

The directory structure now resembles a standard Debian setup.
You can find the binary packages in dists/unstable/main/binary-hurd-i386/,
the corresponding sources in dists/unstable/main/source/.

This directory contains also the changes file, to indidcate which
packages are available.

This area is usable by dselect and apt. Use the following apt
configuration line in /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian unstable main

For dselect, use a similar setting (depends on the access method).

This should make it more convenient for you to use this repository.
Note that some things can go wrong regarding version numbers and
dependencies.

You can use several apt lines in sources.list. From sources.list(5):

       It is important to list sources in  order  of  preference,
       with  the  most  preferred  source listed first. Typically
       this will result in sorting by speed from fastest to slow­
       est (CD-ROM followed by hosts on a local network, followed
       by distant Internet hosts, for example).

But I think it will still pick the highest version number first, regardless
of order in sources.list.

I did not test the new setup, so let me know if apt can't find the files.