[jmmv@mail.com: Re: 'apt-get upgrade' -> system doesn't boot]

I'm getting the same errors (not identically) to you, but with the
difference that my system doesn't hungs. I think this has happened
since when I upgraded gnumach and hurd packages (but installing
everything from scratch)... I still have to recompile gnumach for
myself and try it. Hurd also gives me errors before running fsck on
the partition (which is /dev/hd1s1).

I'll post the result of the compilation.

I'm running Hurd on an Asus P2L97 AGP Motherboard.

Bye!

        On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 06:54:11PM +0200, Oliver Kowalke wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> after I installed hurd from gnu20000803.tar.gz, hacked apt and replaced
> bsdutils from alpha.gnu.org (all worked - alos booting) I did a upgrade with
> apt from ftp.de.debian.org (apt-get update, apt-get upgrade). After
> rebooting the system doesn't comes up.
>
> ...<hardware detection>...
> hd16 : bad access: block = 0, count = 2, blockend = 2, nr_sects0
>     end_request: I/O error, dev 03:46, sector 0
> hd16 : bad access: block = 28, count = 2, blockend = 30, nr_sects0
>     end_request: I/O error, dev 03:46, sector 28
> <end now hangs>
>
> The same happend with dselect over ftp.
> The hurd is installed on hd1s3 (prim. slave : third part.). So what is going
> on? Maybe the hurd has a problem with my pci-ide-controler-add-on-card (Abit
> Hot Rod 100 Pro) with two additional drives.
>
> thanks
>
> with best regards,
> Oliver
>

> --