Re: root-device

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Neal H Walfield wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sounds like your root partition is using features that the hurd does not
> support.  Try passing the -O sparse_super to mke2fs.
>
> -Neal

Thanks! I did once again (mke2fs -O sparse_super -o hurd /dev/hdb3)
-> doesn't work.
Hurd printk's the following:

hd0s1  hd0s2
hd1s1  hd1s2 hd1s3

where hd2s3 IS filled with /boot/gnumach.gz and the other files.

I tried it with GRUB manually and used TAB like in the shell,
GRUB got the kernel and module right...
I also tried other combinations (hd0s1 - hd4s4) but always this
'hd?s? does not exist' (where ? is filled out with digits)

I don't think I am missing some configuration-point (noone thougt this
ever:^) but hey, I don't want to CVS all the sources to cross-compile ...

Anyone?