Re: Debian GNU/Hurd 0.3 -> 1.0

On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 07:54:28PM +0200, Erik Enge wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I was wondering about a few things.
>
> When is Debian GNU/Hurd 0.3 comming out?

When it is ready. Note that GNU/Hurd 0.3 will appear independently and
probably sooner. The Debian release number is coupled to the Linux release.

>  Who decides why?

For GNU/Hurd, this would be the Hurd authors. For Debian, this would be the
Debian community, with my and other peoples input. The last call has
probably the release manager.

> What needs to be done before Debian GNU/Hurd 1.0 ships?

About ten times as much as already has happened.

> What resources are needed to make that goal within this
> century?

Luckily you didn't ask last year :)

You see, I try to avoid to answer your questions. You will not squeeze
anything out me :) But if you want to make it happen, get the Hurd, gdb, and
start to debug. With every bug recognized and fixed, we come closer to a
release of GNU/Hurd 0.3

To move forward with the Debian distribution, get a package and try to port
it.