Re: network/dsl

> I installed the hurd a while back for the second time.  I've got a dsl
> connection that I tried to configure, but I couldn't ping anyone or get any
> network services.  Is anyone doing this?

This doesn't give any information about your network situation that is
meaningful to the system.  It doesn't matter that it's DSL.  It matters
what kind of network interface and what protocols you need to use.  Where I
am, the DSL connections to the computer either by plain IP over Ethernet
(sometimes using DHCP), which is to say just like any other Ethernet
connection (and that should be fine on the Hurd), or is PPP over Ethernet
(and we have no support for that).  I presume you have Linux or BSD or
something else running with your DSL connection already.  The easiest thing
is just to show the relevant configuration details that already work on the
system you've got, and then we can tell you how to do that on the Hurd.