Re: Developer coming up ;-)

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 06:10:33PM +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 04:10:00PM +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> > >
> > > What about g++ 2.95.2? Can I compile it from source, is anybody
> > > packaging it?
> >
> > I m working on the package, but I have troubles because of the zero hole
> > bug. If you are not afected by this bug, you can compile it yourself.
> > Otherwise maybe Chris (IIRC) can put up a tar file?
> >
> What the hack is the zero hole bug? *astonished*

It's a race between the various sync threads and causes corrupt files and
directories. The bug is deep in the external pager code.

The ext2fs I just posted a link to should work around this.

> I tried to build the latest binutils (with
> dpkg-buildpackage). Everything worked out fine, but the created .debs
> are architecture 'i386' instead of 'hurd-i386'. Anybody knows what's
> going on? Otherwise I'll have to use stow instead of dpkg.

Uh. First, which version of dpkg are you using. Second, are you compiling
under Hurd or cross compiling under Linux? How did you build (exact
command?)