Re: Developer coming up ;-)

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

> On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 04:10:00PM +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> >
> > What about g++ 2.95.2? Can I compile it from source, is anybody
> > packaging it?
>
> I m working on the package, but I have troubles because of the zero hole
> bug. If you are not afected by this bug, you can compile it yourself.
> Otherwise maybe Chris (IIRC) can put up a tar file?

What the hack is the zero hole bug? *astonished*

I tried to build the latest binutils (with
dpkg-buildpackage). Everything worked out fine, but the created .debs
are architecture 'i386' instead of 'hurd-i386'. Anybody knows what's
going on? Otherwise I'll have to use stow instead of dpkg.

Another thing: Is there a special reason why there are no
Build-Depends in binutils and gcc?

> > Are efforts going on to port mysql/postgresql? libgql will be pretty
> > useless without a SQL DB.
>
> I think you just volunteered :)

OK, I'll give it a try once I have the HURD moved to his own
machine... Rebooting is beginning to suck :-(

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann     | Dru@ICQ      | 54523380@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
Pfeilgasse 4-6/725   | A-1080 Wien  | Austria      | Europe