GRUB is released; WE LIED

I'm happy to say that GRUB has been released.  We've made
this release even though we said the next one would be 1.0, because
there were a few serious bugs with 0.5.96.

You can get it, and floppy image, from

It will also appear shortly on the Debian mirrors for at least the
i386 platform.

Here is the relevant NEWS:

New in - 2000-10-19:
* Bug fixes.
* The command "setkey" resets key mappings, when no argument is
* Linux devfs support is added.
* The utility ``grub-install'' accepts a new option, `--recheck'. If
  this option is specified, probe a device map, even if it already
  exists. You should use this option whenever you add/remove a disk.

Please try it out and send any comments to bug-grub@gnu.org

 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://fig.org/)
Committed to freedom and diversity \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)