Re: bootstrap: panic: ... invalid IO size

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Marc Singer wrote:

****
> It took some fiddling, but I use the root= command to determine that
> this drive was called hd1.  It must think that hd0 is the SCSI drive
> because the BIOS is configured to boot to the SCSI controller.  I
> found the kernel using root=hd1s3.  Then, when the kernel booted, it
> didn't like that, so I tried hd2s3 and received the above message.

I had a similar problem with a cdrom being recognised as hd2 instead of
hd1.  The only HDD is the master on the first ide (hd0) and the cdrom
master on the the second.  I expected the cdrom to be hd1, but it wasn't.

Phil

Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818