Re: GNU/Hurd on vmware

Ramakrishnan M <rkrishnan@ti.com> writes:

> So does that mean, I have to first install GNU/Linux on vmware first
> and then try installing GNU/Hurd?

I think the easiest way is to make *two* virtual machines, one for
GNU/Linux and one for the Hurd.  Make one virtual harddisk for each of
them.  Configure the GNU/Linux machine in such a way that it sees both
disks, its own and the one for the Hurd.  Then, from within GNU/Linux,
populate the Hurd disk, shutdoen GNU/Linux, and boot Hurd.

I think this is explained in the article as well.  I did it this way
and it worked fine.