Re: kernel panic/paging error

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 06:00:52AM -0700, Steve Bowman wrote:
> > As I said, everytime it happens (and I am not sure how to trigger it), I can
> > do perhaps one or two commands.
>
> Anything in particular to do to get useful information?

Yes. First, find out about the thread and port usage:

ps -F hurd-long -x -a

Pipe the whole thing into a file for us.

Then, "portinfo PID | wc -l" shows the number of open ports, where PID is
the pid of pflocal.

Then, find out what all those threads do:

gdb pflocal
set noninvasive on
attach PID
info threads

(again, PID being the pid of pflocal)

Is some thread stuck in some function? Are many threads stuck in the same
function?

Debugging symbols would be useful, of course. I really have to upload a hurd
with non-stripped object files...