RE: XFree, an on-going story (plus a newbie question)

> By the way: I would be very happy to be able to help with *anything*
> regarding the development of GNU/Hurd... I'm not a programmer, I can
> program in C but only in a mediocre level, so I would be very happy if
> any of you great hackers could give me some pointers on what to do to
> be useful... like testing, detecting bugs, trying to compile,
> translating, making web pages, whatever... I just need a start with
> more or less clear instructions (eg You will debug Xyz: you will run
> it, see if it crashes, if it does you go and make printk in specific
> areas to see where, then you blablabla....).

We need help with:

1.  Web site management for hurd.sourceforge.net
2.  Documentation of the Hurd internals (may be difficult to accomplish)
3.  Otherwise, get software you like to use and try to compile it.
If it fails, note why, do any investigating you are capable of and
report back to the list.  We can help with suggestions of where to go
next, how things work, etc.
4.  Try using the Hurd in a day-to-day manner.  This will probably cause
it to crash at some point.  Identify repeatable cases where this happens
and report back to the list so we all can investigate and help bulletproof
the system.
5.  Torture your Hurd box by running big builds, using it as a web server,
etc. and document what makes it crash.  Help with the forensic analysis.

That's all I can think of right now...

-Brent