Re: hurd-init

# Perhaps it would be HURD:ier to use rpc calls for communication with
# the service, rather than a FIFO. The rcp port could be attached to the
# filesystem via some translator /hurd/init or some such. That's how the
# proc server and libproc are connected, I think.

Nice, but unportable. One of my long-term goals is that this will
eventually become a candidate to be GNU init; which won't happen without
lots of conditionals if I opt to use RPC calls on HURD. Plus, I'm a lot
more au fais with FIFOs that I am with RPC ports. :)

# BTW, I think libscm is a somewhat unfortunate name; I would expect
# libscm to be the runtime library for some Scheme dialect.

That's easily changeable. However, I've not seen a libscm lurking anywhere
on the machines I have access to, so I'm not sure it'd be an issue (it's not
like users generally go around arbitarily linking libraries at random.. ;)

- --
Mo McKinlay             Chief Software Architect          inter/open Labs
GnuPG Key: pub  1024D/76A275F9 2000-07-22 Mo McKinlay <mmckinlay@gnu.org>

Version: GnuPG v1.0.2 (GNU/Linux)