Re: glibc 2.2 and gcc (Was Re: something completely different)

On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 12:42:03AM +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
>    Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 16:45:22 -0400
>    From: Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>
>
>    I've Cc'd alpha list to ask about the package name currently involved
>    (libc6.1) will that need to change to 6.2? What about libc0.2 for hurd?
>
> Keep it libc0.2 for the Hurd.  There will be a dependency issue
> though.  People will need a recent enough version of the hurd
> package for glibc 2.2.  AFAIK there isn't a Debian package yet that is
> recent enough.  It's probably best to coordinate this with Marcus
> Brinkmann.

I just uploaded one, and it will be installed tomorrow (until then, check
http://incoming.debian.org). It will be sufficient to

Depend: hurd (>= 20000803)

or, alternatively,

Conflict: hurd (<= 20000726)

I just don't know what is better in the long run.

> Oh, and by the way, the libstdc++.so versioning madness isn't applied
> for the Hurd :-).  There's definitely no reason for a seperate
> libstdc++ package for glibc 2.2 on the Hurd.

*snigger* :)