Re: hurddocs.org site rollout!

On Sun, Jun 25, 2000 at 09:56:19PM -0700, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> Ladies, Gentleman, Trannies, and anyone who happens to care:
>
> I have been slowly (quite slowly, actually) throwing together some useful
> information on http://hurddocs.org/ - It has hit a point where it should
> be useful for the average beginner, and possibly as a jump point for more
> experienced folks.  Specifically you can find:

People need such site.

> What's the catch?  You need a decent browser to view the site.  If your
> browser *pretends* to support some of the positioning style sheets, but
> doesn't really, you will have difficulty viewing the site.  I test using
> 2 browsers, generally: lynx and mozilla.  Netscape 4.x also works *if*
> you disable style sheets.  You should also get along fine with brail or
> audio browsers, although I haven't tested them specifically.

About the browsers: I can't tell lynx is "decent".  It's a terminal browser
that generally support HTML 3.2 but not much more.  Last time I tried
Mozilla (M14) it crashes often.  I heard that M16 isn't so bad but this is a
beta software (Actually I'm not sure if it is alpha because I see nowhere in
mozilla.org that milestones are beta).  So I think that Netscape 4.x and IE
4.0 must be supported because they are the popular browsers now.  Especially
among average beginners.

--
Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg>, "\"Programmer\""