RE: "Small" Bug - silly question again

Or, Evil Cracker #3 wants to use an obscene amount of bandwidth to browse
the web to run MPEGS of porno and pirated MP3s, stuff that he would get
nailed for using his own account... as is the case at most universities
right now.  Perhaps when bandwidth is cheaper, this really won't matter.

I think the concept of an open shell is interesting -- God knows I could
have used it many times, and it's actually a lot *more* secure than leaving
yourself logged in all the #$%(*^ time, which most people aren't supposed to
do (but still do anyway).  It redefines exactly *why* one has to log in.
The configuration is also minimal.

The open shell will probably be implemented initially, but it will be one of
those ideas that is dropped because people are used to doing it the old way.
The potential for abuse is high -- *however*, it DOES allow a great amount
of *freedom* because no one *has* to be logged in.  The industry is moving
toward complete and total accountability for every single person, and
everyone needs to have a login so they can be tracked and cookied and
labeled and put into nice, neat little boxes.  ;-)

Of course, tell that to the Feds when they confiscate your Hurd servers for
being part of the link in a "Denial-of-Service" attack.

Best wishes,
Lucas

--
Lucas C. Wagner