Re: "Small" Bug - silly question again

Norbert Nemec <nobbi@cheerful.com> writes:

> You may have it more convenient in some cases with the additional set, but
> the question about what is possible is unchanged for all reasonable cases.

But convenience *is* very important. Say you can prove mathematically
that INTERCAL (or some extension therof) is Turing complete. I.e. that
it is possible simulate a Turing machine, and therefore every known
computer program or programming language, using INTERCAL. Such a proof
doesn't imply that it is a good idea to scrap all other programming
languages.

As a concrete example, say you want to limit write access to the file
/games/nethack/lib/nethackdir/record to members of the group games.
And that you, at the same time, want to grant read access to everybody
but guests. How would you do that?

/Niels