Re: "Small" Bug - silly question again

On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 12:40:29AM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 12:39:41AM +0100, Norbert Nemec wrote:
> > >
> > > You go to the machine and use it.
> >
> > Make a guest account default on any Debian system. Same effect.
>
> Just for the record: No standard unix guest account can clone the flexibility
> of the not logged in user on the Hurd.

Why not? Have a group "users" that contains all the users except
guest. Now you can give file access just to that group for all files that
the guest should not be able to use. You may have to change a large group of
file permissions that way, but that's just the same for the forth permission
set.

I feel that "flexibility" does not have much meaning here. As soon as you
try to find examples for it, you will realize, that there are at most very
abstract and unrealistic things that the hurd concept allows over the
standard concept.

The solution looks flexible and since it is a hurd-idea, we are very willing
to believe that it is, but in fact we don't gain anything by it. (Should even
be possible to prove that mathematically...)

--
-- JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!