Re: "Small" Bug

hello,
 according to discussion, i was thinking about getting rid of passwd file.
I wonder if it is possible not to use one database file, which is
world-readable, but set of small files (records, tuples) in homedirs (i
know that homedir is defined in passwd - just thinking :) ). And, on the
other hand, it is possible to use database (SQL engine) to manage user
accounts. Main advantage of this solution is extended access control (as
far as i remember in oracle 7). Level-based access control can give
specified user (not supervisor)  ability to create, for example,
new user accounts (to do backup, etc).
 IMHO the main question is: is it really important ?

sorry if this post wasnt helpful - I havent used hurd for a long time
(work work work :( )

btw - when playing with unix chmod and chown (and a bit C) i've created a
system w/o suid-root files visible for users (but they still have access
to login, mount, ping, etc). Have you ever tried to do something like it ?
I think it is too simple to work, so i am asking where i did wrong.

yours,

burzum
HTI