Re: Problems with 3Com905C-TX

OKUJI Yoshinori wrote:

> From: "Issakov M." <nc-issakomi@netcologne.de>
> Subject: Problems with 3Com905C-TX
> Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:16:51 +0000
>
> > Hurd anyway to internet over the network. The sources of the driver are
> > available. May be anybody had already ported this for Hurd ?
>
>   Theoretically, you can use the Linux driver for GNU Mach as well,
> just by replacing it with the current one (or adding it). See the
> source tree of GNU Mach 1.2. It has the directory "linux" and the
> directory contains many of the Linux drivers. If your driver can be
> compiled with Linux 2.0.x, there will be no problem. Otherwise it
> might not be so easy.

 I compiled it with several warnings and something like pseudo-error
from
 /linux/types.h :"#error :"Remove this if you have applied gcc 2.8/egcs
patches ... ...".After remove of appropriate part of types.h I have
several
warnings and output 3c90x.o.May it is possible to compile better (i had
no
warnings on Linux).Can i use this module anyway (there is nothing like
insmod on hurd ,isn't it?)or need i to recompile the gnumach?Or change
something here ?
  gcc -c 3c90x.c -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fomit-frame-pointer \
               -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -malign-loops=2 \
               -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2 -DCPU=486 \
               -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__

  Thank you.
  Michail