Re: Trouble with kernel=

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 07:59:04PM -0500, Kurt V. Hindenburg wrote:
> > I haven't been able to subscribe to the hurd-help list (help-hurd-request
> > @gnu.org is not responding to my emails), so I'll try this
> > list.  I have installed the tar-ball file of hurd.  I've been using the
> > "Easy guide to installing Hurd...".  I'm up to the 6th part where I'm
> > trying to use GRUB with kernel=/boot/gnumach root=hd1s1 -s
> > >From what I gather, root=(hd1,0) and root=hd1s1 are correct for my system.
> > I get the error file not found.  Using the tab completion ablity I know
> > I'm in the right partition.  But GRUB can't find any files in /boot.
> > When I boot my normal linux and look under /gnu everything is there
> > (/gnu/boot/gnumach.gz).
> >   Any ideas??

Hi -

I actually had this same problem this weekend trying to install from the "Easy
Guide".  All I did was uncompress gnumach.gz.  Then, the filename in the "kernel="
command is correct.  I'd think that you could also specify "gnumach.gz" in the
"kernel=" command, although I didn't try that.

good luck!
-andrew