Re: ??? downloading from the right place?

On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 12:44:12PM -0800, Brent Fulgham wrote:

> Perhaps we should post a list of "known good" packages.

I think we should do massive uploads of hurd specific binary-all packages.
that's probably the only way to motivate the linux folks to fix this problem
:)

(candidates are gnumach-source, hurd-doc, etc, although all of these
are potentially useful under Linux).

Seriously, this will not be fixed within Debian until the package
pools are implemented.

> You can be sure that if a package says "blah_blah-X_hurd-i386.deb"
> it is safe.

dinstall strips the architecture, I think.

> Note that there are patched X binaries at ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd
> Under one of the contrib directories.

Almost :) (it is gnu/hurd/debian)