Re: Installation guide updated

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, M.C. Vernon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	The vesion of the (renamed to) easy installation guide is
> available at
>
> http://pick.sel.cam.ac.uk/~mcv21/hurd.html
>
> Please check for errors, etc. I've corrected all the errors I was aware
> of. I'll update the version on gnudist after waiting for feedback.

I haven't found any link to that page (or content) on www.gnu.org.
Did I miss it, or is it absent?

While we're at it, I think that information for installation
in the Debian GNU/Hurd FAQ is not very current:

* "Where do I get it" insists that one gets glibc 2.0.106
  from ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian but I haven't
  seen any over there (probably hiding inside something
  else? I cannot even find it in the list of packages
  in cross-install...)

* "How do I install it" points to README and INSTALL in
  gnu-0.2 and GHHK; is this what is meant?

Yann