Re: Installation guide updated

On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 10:19:39AM +0200, Yann Kieffer wrote:
> While we're at it, I think that information for installation
> in the Debian GNU/Hurd FAQ is not very current:

Thanks for reporting it.

> * "Where do I get it" insists that one gets glibc 2.0.106
>   from ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian but I haven't
>   seen any over there (probably hiding inside something
>   else? I cannot even find it in the list of packages
>   in cross-install...)

We have glibc 2.1.1 in the archive now, glibc 2.0.106 was obsoleted and
removed long time ago..

> * "How do I install it" points to README and INSTALL in
>   gnu-0.2 and GHHK; is this what is meant?

The Hacker toolkit should not be necessary any longer, even if you want to
setup a cross cpmpilation environment.

"The purpose of Free Software is Free Software.
The End and the Means are the same."  -- Craig Sanders

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>