Re: Trying to build the Hurd

>> By the way tetex-bin_1.0.6-1 builds on hurd. The 'dpkg-buildpackage
>> -uc -B' method did not work for me but
>> 	debian/rules build 'dpkg-architecture'
>> 	debian/rules binary 'dpkg-architecture'
>> did work.
>
>Can you be more specific? dpkg-buildpackage does exactly that, so it
>should work. Why did it not work?

The system just hung during the build when I kept the two steps
together (memory leaks ?). By separating the build and the binary
steps I think I managed to reduced the number of reboots required!

I should remark that I have not even managed to complete the tetex
build without the system hanging on me in the middle. The second
method succeeds since it does not do a 'clean' so probably
	dpkg-buildpackage -nc -uc -B
with re-boots in the middle ought to work.

The hurd continues to hang during large builds and installs like TeX
probably due to some memory leak mentioned by someone earlier on this
mailing list.

>Yes, but also use -p and --same-owner with tar (both times).
>
>Or tar the image file of the partition.

Do you mean that "tar -p" and "cp -a" can copy translator specials?
I'll try this tomorrow.

Thanks,

Kapil.