Re: Trying to build the Hurd

Hello,

I had makeinfo, that was OK.  It wanted to build the Post Script hurd.ps, and as
far as I know, you need TeX for this.   The Hurd built OK but failed on the
install when it overwrote some libraries; I should have written the message
down.  Copied the deb to the root partition and installed it single user.

Got a few strange messages whilst building up the system, but it was the first
time that I had a full system.  Next tar ball I will write everything down more
carefully.  Have not build tetex yet, but the Hurd here will compile happily for
two or three hours, and not need any reboots.  I had the same problem building
gcc and the kernal in Linux, but since I underclocked the problem has gone away.

Thanks for your advice

Chris