Re: Mach microkernel development - porting to Alpha

Shaun Cloherty <s.cloherty@gsbme.unsw.edu.au> writes:

> I've been watching the Hurd from a distance for some time and have
> recently acquired a couple of Alpha based machines..... now I'm
> interested in the possibility of porting the Mach kernel (and hence the
> Hurd) to the Alpha architecture. Is there a project underway to do
> this?? If so, can someone point me to it?? If not, who exactly is
> developing the x86 Mach kernel?? Where can I find them?? Can anyone
> point me to a mailing list, web page etc.....

Search the net for fiasco (altavista for example). The first few
matches should point you to the right pages. Look for a link to ports
of the microkernel and esspecially for alpha. Theres a port that could
be very usefull for a debian-hurd-alpha project.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin