Re: does the HURD run on this hardware?

From: Aymeric Vincent <cs61b-dq@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
Subject: Re: does the HURD run on this hardware?
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 21:19:35 -0700 (PDT)

> BTW, could someone (Thomas, Roland, Okuji?) tell us what the
> ``official'' policy is, concerning GNUMach? I'm still porting GNUMach
> to the m68k when I have time, but the more it goes, the less it seems
> useful... I'd very much like to see the HURD run on some other
> architecture, but I'm not sure porting GNUMach is the best way, seen
> the poor support it gets... Should I try to do something about libmom
> instead, or is this currently a dead end?

  As I'm not the official maintainer of GNU Mach, Thomas and/or Roland
should answer that. But...

  I don't know if the concept MOM is really useful (MOM might make the
overall performance poor, MOM might not take advantage of some
microkernel-dependent features, etc.), but it is quite interesting and
should be investigated. If it turns out to be very useful and very
powerful, it will be a breakthrough in Hurd because some people want
to run Hurd on the top of Fiasco rather than to improve GNU Mach. I'm
one of them. ;-)

Regards,
OKUJI
OKUJI Yoshinori  <okuji@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp>           ^o-o^