Re: novice

On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 11:12:36AM +0200, Francesco Di Filippo wrote:
> I don't found detailed info for install Hurd on my computer.

Try

www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-inst

and follow the link to the easy guide to, too. You will have to pay some
attention to partition names, but as you come from BSD, this will not be
difficult for you.

> I don't found the site for download 0.3 version too.

There is none. We are working on it, and you can simply follow the current
development. The packages are on

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-hurd-i386/

> I don't have Linux (any distribuition) and I don't want install.
> I use FreeBSD 2.2.8 or 3.2

That's okay. You can do everything just as well from your BSD partition.
Just make sure that you have a recent version of the ext2fsprogs.

Because you don't have Debian GNU/Linux installed, you probably don't want
to mess with dpkg. Just take the tar file from

alpha.gnu.org/pub/gnu/hurd/contrib/marcus/gnu-19990505.tar.gz

and install this following the instructions in the easy guide. Also fetch
the "native-install" script from the **same directory** and replace the
version in the tar file with it before rebooting.