Re: APT

   Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 17:35:07 +0200 (CEST)
   From: Per Lundberg <plundis@chaosdev.org>

   On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Mark Kettenis wrote:
   >    was linked to a non-existing libshouldbeinlibc.so.. which
   >    package is this in?)
   > The Hurd itself.

   Actually, it was in hurd-dev. (the .so file, the .so.0.2 was in the hurd
   package)

Ah, this makes sense.  But then your gdb must be really old.  I fixed
some nasty bugs in the upstream source.  If everything goes well
gdb-4.18.1 should work a bit better on the Hurd when released.  So, if
you want to do some serious debugging (which we would really, really
appreciate :-)), keep on the lookout for a new gdb.

   >    least get to the configure phase. It said it required
   >    libpthreads, and I don't think libpthreads for Hurd exists. Is
   >    that correct?
   > Yep.  I'm working on it, but progress is slow.  I'm giving more
   > priority to fixing some Hurd bugs right now.

   I would gladly help if you just point me in the right direction.

Thanks.  It is not yet in a testable, let alone usable state.  My
priority lies with fixing critical Hurd bugs right now.  But when I
have something that can be tested I'll let you known.

Mark