RE: kernel-sourcen ?

> Well, maybe I didn't understand the HURD Project right, but I thought
> it is _A_UNIX_KERNEL_ . So while I am wget-ting the url
>
> ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/pub/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-hurd-i386/
>
> I recognized, that there are files like
>
> - kernel-source-2.0.36_2.0.36-3.deb
>
> in the devel directory. It looks very much like the
> linux-kernel-sources.
> So here's my question :
>
> What does the HURD has to do with the linux-kernel-sources ?

I could be very, very wrong, but I am going to go out on a limb and
say that the hurd has absolutely nothing to do with those linux-kernel
sources.  They are most likely links from potato that are mirrored in
our hurd directories because they are "*-all.deb" style packages that
are supposed to work for all architectures.  This worked fine when
ports meant Linux to -alpha, -i386, -mips, etc., but is not working
out so well for us with our "hurd-i386" architecture.

The only proviso here is that we are using some Linux kernel source
for drivers in the hurd....  But I would advise against downloading
these sources.

Marcus:  Do we have a way to block out some of these types of
packages?

-Brent