Re: db mess

   Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 01:09:30 +0200
   From: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>

   On Sun, Jun 06, 1999 at 12:36:09AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

   > If you leave out O_TRUNC, it will proceed and segfault later. All very
   > strange.

   It may proceed in both cases. Obviously, the output of gdb can't be trusted.
   It just doesn't proceed in single step, as the following log shows (this
   time without O_TRUNC). I should really update gdb...

Yes you should! :-)

Anyway, the bug is in libc.  The conversion of the open flags given to
dbopen is indeed not done in the right way.  It is easy to solve but
there is one other issue that I want to resolve before posting the
patch.  The good news is that recompilation of tsort is not
necessary.  Once the bug in libc is fixed tsort will magically start
working.

By the way, the next release of the GNU textutils will contain a tsort
(written by me, plug, plug) that doesn't depend an Berkely DB.

Mark